the film collective
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UP IN THE AIR

Go down

UP IN THE AIR Empty UP IN THE AIR

Post  Cinemateus Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:26 am

Had intended to see The Road, but instead saw Up In The Air. I was a bit dubious of all the praise I had read about the film and wasn't sure what to expect.

It surprised me though and far surpassed my expectations. It's directed by Jason Reitman (who I've just noticed looks like a fatter Keanu Reaves) who previously made, Thank You For Smoking and Juno. I haven't seen Juno but TYFS is pretty great and UITA is great in the same way. I think it is to do with the way he explores the relationships between characters, almost similar to the way Wes Anderson does. It is with a fascination of the very small moments and also the extremes of emotion that we can feel in our day to day lives. And this makes the film very interesting. It is shot in quite an understated way I felt, but still quite beautifully. It is obviously timed appropriately and the use of real people talking about job loss is a pretty slick move -there's even reference to athletes sleeping with lingerie models which they must have been proud of when the whole Tiger Woods thing happened.

aargh, must end there. To eat, i must.
Cinemateus
Cinemateus
Admin

http://www.cinemateus.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum