the film collective
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've got a feeling when he stops whittlin'... Somethin's gonna happen.

Go down

I've got a feeling when he stops whittlin'... Somethin's gonna happen. Empty I've got a feeling when he stops whittlin'... Somethin's gonna happen.

Post  Nate Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:48 am

So i feint a sense of expectancy as the film. This must be the forth time i've dedicated 240 minutes, including film four adverts, to watch another ol' fashioned epics. I still recall affairs with other that a few of you know i love, but when ever this film comes on, shuffle my preferences and proclaim "well actually Deer Hunter is not that good really and Gone with the wind... this is the best film ever!"

It probably isn't but i loose myself when i get an idea stuck in my head. So i sit there on my own with a large pot of tea and value digestives and, back to the start, feint a sense of expectancy.

Where is the Morricone score? i ask myself. By the forth time i have gathered that Once upon a time in the West starts with 20 minutes of a silent group of men, which proves more powerful then any yodeling and whistling combination.

Sorry Mr Morricone you are still good.

After everything you were expecting from a Leone film is beaten out of you, you become engrossed with the usual cinematic shots and begin to enjoy the characters company but maybe that is sleep deprivation setting in. Even the lack of Clint doesn't dishearten me. If after you find yourself thinking hmm, i think i might just catch that next time then expect short rapid action scene and long drawn out rituals preceding the violence. That is the main body of the film along with revenge and corruption of humanity.

I have run out of time.

Nate

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum