the film collective
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

State of Play

Go down

State of Play Empty State of Play

Post  Cinemateus Fri May 08, 2009 4:34 am

Saw this last week methinks...

well. I think it was good. Regina George is cool and aside from Crowe's opening sequence I think he's fairly alright too. The review I read in the paper after seeing this film said that was a twist too many. Which is true. It kind of twists all the importance of the film up until that point to something else. And the something else kind of relates to reality, just politicians screwing up, making a mess and the newspapers being full of it (quite boring) whereas before that final twist it was rallying us against something more evil and worth fighting. I have a sneaky feeling that that is the whole point of the film, but it still makes for unsatisfied viewing.

also adding to the quite odd feel of the film is the fact that it is adapted from a BBC mini-series and that Brad Pitt very nearly appeared in Crowe's place.

There really isn't much out at the moment, at least not at the big screens, so if the choice is this or Wolverine maybe go for this. Maybe rent a DVD.
Cinemateus
Cinemateus
Admin

http://www.cinemateus.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum