the film collective
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waltz with Bashir

2 posters

Go down

Waltz with Bashir Empty Waltz with Bashir

Post  Nate Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:18 am

This was the first feature lenght "animated documentary" i have ever seen (not sure if any more exist) and it was really good.

Full of powerful, and one terrifying, scenes, one of the most amazing things about the film is that the main subject of the film, the Sabra and Shatila massacres, is looked at in a more head-on fashion. The main charecter/director trys to find what happen on the day of the massacre by interviewing his old army freinds and it slowly builds up a picture around it until the very clever final scene.

There is the usual "war is hell" theme through-out the film, but because it is animated it feels like it has never been done before, i could imagine it as like watching the Deer Hunter for the first time in the seventies.

Watched this at an independent cinema, then went to a jazz/reading bar afterwards and drank tea because i am a really hip and cool student. Yeah.

Nate

Back to top Go down

Waltz with Bashir Empty Re: Waltz with Bashir

Post  Cinemateus Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:58 am

like a young Howard Moon.

damn thats cool.

I read about that film it looks cool, like it's all made from found footage which they've drawn out into animations right?

have you seen Perseopolis? i think that was popular for similar reasons as Waltz...
Cinemateus
Cinemateus
Admin

http://www.cinemateus.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum